Today I’m going to look at some very simple healing techniques using crystals. These can be used for yourself, loved ones, and even for your pets. My dogs both love having any form of energy work and I have even used crystals for my cows!
Crystals for Emotional and Energetic Support:
Crystals all have their own energy fields, and their own natural healing qualities. Each stone will also have its own unique energy or personality, just as humans do. Small stones can have big fields, so don’t underestimate those smaller stones.
One of the easiest ways to use a crystal is simply to wear it as jewellery, tuck it into your bra or pop it in your pocket.
You could also place it beside you in the workplace, on your bedside table, or under your pillow.
Some of my personal favourites that are easy to source are:
- Carnelian – for physical energy. Great for when you are feeling run down, exhausted, or unwell.
- Rose Quartz – for emotional support, self love, nurture and comfort.
- Labradorite – for soothing the mind, bringing clarity, calm and gentle wisdoms. A highly spiritual stone that is also very grounding.
- Amethyst – for psychic and spiritual awakening, protection, guidance and sealing your aura.
- Hematite – for protecting you on all levels and giving you strength. Really deflective for other people’s negativity or aggression.
- Citrine – for joy, abundance and positive opportunity.
- Jasper – (there are so many beautiful jaspers to choose from, but they all have similar basic qualities) for grounding, calming and healing the emotions and physical body.
- Fluorite – for enhancing creativity and flow of ideas, and attracting new opportunities that make best use of your gifts.
- Calcite – for hearing and working with your Guides.
- Smoky Quartz – for protection against electromagnetic radiation, and all negative vibrations and emanations.
- Sodalite – for speaking your truth and clear communication.
- Aventurine – for physical healing, removal of toxins, playfulness and a sense of great joy.
What is most important when choosing a crystal to wear or keep with you is that you are attracted to it, or attracted to the idea of it. Let your intuition guide you. Children are naturally good at this, so you might also want to ask a small person to choose a stone for you if you feel unsure.
You may also want to place them where you spend a lot of time – the picture below is of the crystal selection on the windowsill above my kitchen sink!
Placing stones on the body:
This is a lovely thing to do, and it’s easy. Here’s a few variations you can try.
- Simply choose one or more stones, lay them on your body, or the body of a loved one or pet, and then visualise or direct energy through the stone and into the part of the body where you want to promote healing. (I have bandaged crystals to parts of me with great result!) Even just lying down with the stone placed on your body is helpful.
- Hold a tapered crystal or a wand, offer a prayer for the Highest Good, and then direct energy from the stone into the affected area, or energy centre of the body. (This usually works better doing it for others than on yourself.)
- Hold a crystal over your heart, and then direct energy and light THROUGH that crystal and send the combined energy of the crystal and the light anywhere in your body that needs support, or even flood your entire body with that energy. This is great to do when you are lying in bed, just before you go to sleep. I’ve included a short guided meditation at the end of today’s post to talk you through this process.
A simple guided Crystal Healing Meditation:
Note – As I was recording this, just on dawn this morning, a group of crows came and sat on the fence in front of me. They all looked at me and then began adding their own special energy to this meditation, so don’t be surprised to hear their voices amidst mine. Crow Healing is considered very powerful by Australian Aborigines and Native American Indians, and I consider it a Blessing that these crows turned up today!
All you need for this healing session is a crystal and a comfortable place to lie down. While it can be done in a seated position, lying down will enable you to relax deeply and fully. Once you understand the basics of this technique you can guide yourself through it without the aid of the recording.
♥ Blessings to you, and all my Love ♥
Crow Magic: Crows are the messengers of the spiritual world. When Crows make an appearance, they herald great healing and change. They work with the energies of transformation, and are considered a sign that Spirit is actively supporting your growth and the journey of spiritual awakening.